Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Beginning of Our National Journey

For the past year and a half we have been trying to get custody of Mileena. I haven't mentioned it on this blog because I didn't want it to get back to the wrong people. When she came down this summer we realized things had gotten really bad in Vermont. We were expecting a court date sometime in September. On the 20th, Mitchell called me from work saying we had a court date scheduled for the 26th (6 days later) but we needed to be in Vermont by the 24th (4 days later). I couldn't believe it. We were suppose to go out to Utah and surprise my dad for his 50th birthday on the 27th, the day after the scheduled court date! Talk about stressful. We had so many things trying to stop us from getting up to Vermont for this court date, it was insane. Now I truely know that Satan tries to stop good things from happening.
Long story short we got up to Vermont on the 24th, with the help of many gracious family members and friends. {Thank you all so very much}
And on the 26th, Mitchell got full legal custody of Mileena!! It was amazing! We no longer have to worry about her safety and if she is happy. We got to see her little sister, Nyah who we haven't seen in almost 3 years. She has changed so much!!

Riker, waiting to get one of the many airplanes we would be flying over a 2 week period.

Nyah!

I yanked out one of Mileena's teeth while in Vermont. She was freaking out, but I got it done!

Riker had a blast with Nyah.

Mileena's Aunt Karen took all of them on a tractor ride. Riker was in love with this place.

No comments: