Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bye Bye Binky, Hello Big Boy Bed

My little man has officially grown up. We got him a toddler bed today (for 30 bucks!) and I sneakily took away his Binky at nap time. He looked at me a little confused but didn't say anything and went to sleep. Tonight after we tucked him in, handed him his Lamby and Pooh, he looked at me and Mitchell with those beautiful blue eyes and stuck his finger in his mouth and started to bite it. Our hearts melted...he obviously wanted his precious Binky. We explained to him that big boy beds don't come with Binkys and that he was a big boy now not a baby.
After we left the room Mitchell said he felt bad for taking it away from him. I hadn't thought about it until then, but I was sad about it too. It's not like the Binky was a burden to us, he never fussed for it and he knew he only got it at bedtime. So taking it away seemed so hateful of us to do. But I'm so proud of him for being such a trooper about it, he didn't cry at all!
There goes the crib!

Big Boy Bed!!!

They love it.

The best I could get of him "laying" in his new bed.

No comments: