Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

June is one of the happiest months EVER! Because Mileena comes to visit us :) I love this little girl so much. Even though she's not that little anymore, she's 10! When I walked to the gate in the airport to pick her and saw her I was floored at how big she had gotten. She was so much older and she looks so much like Mitchell it's crazy. I haven't gotten a really good picture of them together yet but I will and you'll see what I mean.
Riker and I woke up at 6:45 and rode with a friend down to Orlando to pick Mileena up. The ride down wasn't bad at all, I was so excited to see Mileena I couldn't even stand it. Now the ride home was a totally different story, it seemed like it took a century. We were on the Florida Turnpike for longer than we were suppose to be and I probably spent $15 in tolls. Boo. Then there were hardly any restaurants, and since Mileena's flight came in at 1 we were eating lunch late to begin with. We didn't end up eating until 3. To the better part of the trip, the kids fell asleep in the back, then me and Tracy jammed out to Backstreet Boys, Donny Osmond, and Britney Spears. Good combo, huh?

Once we got home it felt like we never left. Except it was 90 degrees in our apartment (that's a whole other story though). We ordered a pizza, and went swimming, then it was time for Riker to go to bed. We did our whole routine and Mileena read him a story, she is an amazing reader! We sang "Wheels on the Bus" said prayers and kissed him good-night. Riker is infatuated with his Sissy, he follows her around everywhere and wants to do everything with her. She has been sharing her Littlest Pet Shops with him, which he loves. I hope this will be a good summer with her and hopefully we'll be able to see more of Mileena this year!

1 comment:

Beau & Lenette said...

I love her! I'm so glad she's with you guys finally!