Wednesday, November 12, 2008
In The Potty?
It happened...Riker went pee-pee in the potty! I was completely shocked, to say the least. He has been showing interest for a month or so now. But I wasn't going to push it on him, so we all went out for Family Home Evening one night and let him choose a "special potty". We let him play on it for a few days, then we started leaving it in the bathroom. Whenever I thought he was going to go I would ask him if he wanted to go on the potty. He usually just sat on it for a minute or so then got up, but no pee-pees. Then last night I was getting him ready to take a bath, and I asked him him if he needed to go pee-pee he said yes. Then while he was on his potty I sat on ours. When he got up he pointed in his potty, and sure enough there were pee-pees in there! It was amazing! I know it won't happen all the time but it's definitely a start and he only 20 months, so I'm, doing pretty good for not having to try hard!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
yay for riker!
and you have never sounded more mommish ha :)
riker will be embarassed of this post one day
riker is a machine.
he gets that from me.
@freya,,,you'll be embarrassed by that comment one day. ;)
good for Riker! ....and now you have entered the the long nightmarish road of potty training! He's doing good now, but just you wait!! You know I'm just messing with you right! :) I HATE potty training more then any other part of parenting....I am so not looking forward to doing it again with baby K.
Post a Comment