Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cure to Boredom

Riker has an obsession (among many) with electronics. I know it's probably because he's a boy but I'm definitely not use to it. One second he'll be watching Playhouse Disney and then he'll ask to play the Wii, or Mitchell's PSP, or he'll ask to watch a movie. So I try to limit his intake to one movie a day, and the others it's whatever I feel like (pluses to being the mom).

The other day he had been playing Mitchell's PSP and watching TV all morning so I told him he couldn't do anything else like that until after his nap. Well, an hour and a half plus nap time was a long time to wait for this little boy. He asked me every 5 seconds if he could either watch a movie or play the Wii. I was going to pull my hair out! He finally resorted to "cutting". That's what he calls cutting a piece of paper into tiny pieces. This is how you can tell he's extremely bored. He's definitely not a project-loving child like most children I meet. He's not into crafty messes. And let's face it playing video games and watching Spiderman are a lot more entertaining.

No comments: