Monday, October 13, 2008

Alone At Last!

This weekend Mitchell and I went down to Daytona Beach all by ourselves!! Riker stayed with some good friends of ours. He had lots of fun too. We got down there Friday evening and went to Olive Garden for dinner, it was amazing! My friend, Riker, and I try to go every week for the soup, salad and bread sticks, but I never realized how good the actual food was! Then we walked on the beach looking at all the huge hotels we weren't staying in. The next day, we went to the beach again and then to this lighthouse. It's called the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse. It was really interesting to find out about it's history. Then we climbed up to the top...it was really scary. I never knew I was afraid of heights until we were walking up those stairs. Then we went to this cool little mall on the beach. We saw the movie Eagle Eye, it's really good if any of you are wondering. Shia Lebouf is really good in it. We had some gift certificates for a restaurant called, Pirate's Cove. It was horrible. They didn't have ANYTHING in stock, and we were there for an hour and a half just waiting and our food, and check. The people next to us got up and left before they got their food. On a better note, after went to Coldstone and walked along the beach. It was a great vacation, but of course we missed Riker by the second day! It was nice to come back home and see him.

Walking on the beach.

The Lighthouse.

After climbing all the way up!


The view from the top of the lighthouse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Wish I could escape for a few days! That would be SWEET!!! Glad you got to get away!